
Her daddy...whom she adores. :)

Her drawing of a "Surfing girl" totally came up with it on her own, draws her all the time now.

A fun sticker morning together. :)

One of her favorite words to write.
She's 3...I know, this is MONTHS late but my baby girl is 3. Tonight I had one of those moments...and it's kind of fun b/c this is the date she was conceived three years ago! Anyway, she was having a hard time sleeping at around midnight, she had woken up to go potty, then had some burps that weren't coming out (something she has had from day 1!) Anyway, I was laying in her bed rubbing her back and watching her sleep...precious. There I was...in the light of a tiny night-light looking at the profile of my 3 year old. Her little nose, her eyes closed peacefully, her mouth slightly open...she totally looked like an infant again.
But she's not. She is growing up way too fast. We measured her tonight and she's already grown another inch since her 3 year check up at the end of Sept. She's up to 38inches. She seems so grown up lately and often likes to say "remember when I was a little girl and" :) I LOVE this age...we've truly tried to enjoy every stage and age and feel like we've really been able to soak her up but with every new stage it just keeps getting better and better...sort of like marriage, you think it's the best then it just keeps getting better! So 3 has been very fun for us, she's writing, doing jumping jacks, loves to stand on one foot while we count forever, tries to jump rope and do the hoola on a daily basis (separately), roller skates through the house on her princess roller skates, is reading a few words, LOVES to talk on the phone - mostly pretend but also enjoys calling family members, when we pick her up from class on Sundays she's ALWAYS on the phone (not sure where she gets that lol), loves to pretend and plays, plays, plays. She likes puzzles, dolls, her new dollhouse, going to "school" aka our living room, playing with trains and kicking her soccer ball, loves feeding her fish and has named each one. Kitty is still her favorite animal by far. He goes everywhere with us, although, there are times I make him stay in the car to avoid losing him (like at the mall and large stores) - sometimes she forgets him and wants to go back home to get him...sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. :)
She's so precious and has the sweetest little heart. We slept together over Christmas while visiting Grandma & Grandpa and while it wasn't so fun that she was awake until 1:40am...it was the sweetest night! She repeatedly said, "I love you momma" all sweet rubbing my back or arm. She's soooo creative too, she saw alligators on the ceiling in the shadows and she was laying horizontal to me at one point and said, "HEY LOOK! We making a cross!" and I said, "We sure are!" (I was thinking, it's really a capital T but didn't say anything) then she proceeded to climb up on top of me to be the official cross bar of the cross and laid sideways on me for a few minutes. :) Later I was laying with my back to her trying to encourage less talking and more sleeping and she snuggled in and spooned me and said, "HEY! WE LIKE A PUZZLE!" :) :) She.just.makes.me.smile. That sums up the last 3 years...she makes us smile. We have so much love for her, holy cow, so much! We enjoy it all, even the not-so-fun moments that aren't always blogged about. Of course with turning three we've also seen a LOT more independence come out of her. We want her to be independent but not so much disobedient so we're trying to find the balance there. While one of her favorite things to say is, "I love you" another one of her favorite things to say is "I can do it by.my.self." :) Some things she can, some things...not so much. It's a tricky role, to be a parent, to raise a child, building self-esteem yet trying to protect and serve, love and discipline, guide and give freedom. We're learning though, one day at a time.
Another thing that being three has brought is the ability to lie. When she was 2 there were times she'd try to lie but when asked she'd tell the truth...not so much anymore. The other day in the car, for example, C: Momma, I not playing with my gum. Me: C, ARE you playing with your gum? C: (very high-pitched voice) Noooo. I looked back...umm yeah, she was playing with her gum. Me: C...what are you doing!? (I've read or something that instead of saying "did you"when you're questioning your child....to say "what did you do," that way it forces the child to tell the truth, if you say "did you play with your gum," for example, it gives them the option to say "no"...but if you say "what did you do?" they HAVE to tell you what they did...if they start to say "well, he..." then say "no, what did YOU do..." make them focus on themselves, not blaming others-it's been great so far, one of those little tools I tucked away and love using!) anyway, "What are you doing?!" C: (high-pitched again) I don't know...Me: C! C: (hanging her head) playing wit my gum.
It's hilarious b/c her voice gets alllllllll high when she's lying! It's literally started the last couple of weeks or so. It is such a funny voice and SO obvious that she's not being truthful. Cracks us up, the voice that is...not the lying. :)
So of course, we have our days as all parents of preschoolers do - I'm sure...but regardless of how are day goes, they're all filled with much love and thankfullness for this little sweetie we've been blessed to call daughter.
But she's not. She is growing up way too fast. We measured her tonight and she's already grown another inch since her 3 year check up at the end of Sept. She's up to 38inches. She seems so grown up lately and often likes to say "remember when I was a little girl and" :) I LOVE this age...we've truly tried to enjoy every stage and age and feel like we've really been able to soak her up but with every new stage it just keeps getting better and better...sort of like marriage, you think it's the best then it just keeps getting better! So 3 has been very fun for us, she's writing, doing jumping jacks, loves to stand on one foot while we count forever, tries to jump rope and do the hoola on a daily basis (separately), roller skates through the house on her princess roller skates, is reading a few words, LOVES to talk on the phone - mostly pretend but also enjoys calling family members, when we pick her up from class on Sundays she's ALWAYS on the phone (not sure where she gets that lol), loves to pretend and plays, plays, plays. She likes puzzles, dolls, her new dollhouse, going to "school" aka our living room, playing with trains and kicking her soccer ball, loves feeding her fish and has named each one. Kitty is still her favorite animal by far. He goes everywhere with us, although, there are times I make him stay in the car to avoid losing him (like at the mall and large stores) - sometimes she forgets him and wants to go back home to get him...sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. :)
She's so precious and has the sweetest little heart. We slept together over Christmas while visiting Grandma & Grandpa and while it wasn't so fun that she was awake until 1:40am...it was the sweetest night! She repeatedly said, "I love you momma" all sweet rubbing my back or arm. She's soooo creative too, she saw alligators on the ceiling in the shadows and she was laying horizontal to me at one point and said, "HEY LOOK! We making a cross!" and I said, "We sure are!" (I was thinking, it's really a capital T but didn't say anything) then she proceeded to climb up on top of me to be the official cross bar of the cross and laid sideways on me for a few minutes. :) Later I was laying with my back to her trying to encourage less talking and more sleeping and she snuggled in and spooned me and said, "HEY! WE LIKE A PUZZLE!" :) :) She.just.makes.me.smile. That sums up the last 3 years...she makes us smile. We have so much love for her, holy cow, so much! We enjoy it all, even the not-so-fun moments that aren't always blogged about. Of course with turning three we've also seen a LOT more independence come out of her. We want her to be independent but not so much disobedient so we're trying to find the balance there. While one of her favorite things to say is, "I love you" another one of her favorite things to say is "I can do it by.my.self." :) Some things she can, some things...not so much. It's a tricky role, to be a parent, to raise a child, building self-esteem yet trying to protect and serve, love and discipline, guide and give freedom. We're learning though, one day at a time.
Another thing that being three has brought is the ability to lie. When she was 2 there were times she'd try to lie but when asked she'd tell the truth...not so much anymore. The other day in the car, for example, C: Momma, I not playing with my gum. Me: C, ARE you playing with your gum? C: (very high-pitched voice) Noooo. I looked back...umm yeah, she was playing with her gum. Me: C...what are you doing!? (I've read or something that instead of saying "did you"when you're questioning your child....to say "what did you do," that way it forces the child to tell the truth, if you say "did you play with your gum," for example, it gives them the option to say "no"...but if you say "what did you do?" they HAVE to tell you what they did...if they start to say "well, he..." then say "no, what did YOU do..." make them focus on themselves, not blaming others-it's been great so far, one of those little tools I tucked away and love using!) anyway, "What are you doing?!" C: (high-pitched again) I don't know...Me: C! C: (hanging her head) playing wit my gum.
It's hilarious b/c her voice gets alllllllll high when she's lying! It's literally started the last couple of weeks or so. It is such a funny voice and SO obvious that she's not being truthful. Cracks us up, the voice that is...not the lying. :)
So of course, we have our days as all parents of preschoolers do - I'm sure...but regardless of how are day goes, they're all filled with much love and thankfullness for this little sweetie we've been blessed to call daughter.


No comments:
Post a Comment