12.25.2008

Out of the Blue After She Kicked Johan Tonight & Was Punished

C: Jesus & God are mad at me when I kick people and throw fits?
Me: Honey, once you apologize you are forgiven, Jesus & God forgive you when you say you're sorry.
C: GASP They DO!?
Me: Yes. (then I explained grace and forgiveness and that Jesus was born but then after he grew up he died on the cross for us)
C: GASP He DIED?!?!? How did they died? (talking about Jesus-sometimes she plurals her pronouns still) :)
Me: Explained how he died on the cross for our sins...
C: But where are my sins? HEY LOOK! Bunny ears! (as she was playing with a bag of M&Ms that she got in her stocking & turned it into bunny ears.)
Me: They're washed away.
C: Bup (that's how she says but) I want my sins!

Then after she was in bed...
C: Momma, Jesus & God are in my heart???
Me: Yep, they sure are C.
C: Bup, I want to SEE them!
Me: We will see them someday in Heaven.
C: And dadda will come too???
Me: Absolutely, Daddy will be there too. :) :)

I LOVE conversations like this. She has been asking questions a lot lately & very randomly. On the way home she said, "Dadda, why do some people smoke?" We have no idea why she asked that but we had a big discussion about smoking. She's soooo inquisitive and sooooo precious. She kicked her friend/cousin Johan tonight to get him off of her and came home to a time-out and a discussion. She's apparently been thinking about it all night. I love her tender heart.

We had a VERY Merry Christmas. She is at such a fun age, every gift was exciting to open, every prize was a thrill to pull out of the stocking, every moment was one that I'll treasure. She'd open a gift, then we'd play and play then she'd be ready to open another one. :) More importantly than anything she's really starting to understand Jesus and His birth and why we celebrate Christmas.

We.love.her.

No comments: