C: Momma, I have an idea...you should spank softer so then it won't hurt me!
(This conversation came a few weeks ago after she literally got spanked 4 times in one night as she not only refused to go to bed but held out her hand and said NO! I WAKING UP NOW!) I'm pretty sure she hadn't had 4 spankings all year...totally not like her to be so strong willed.
Me: Well, if they didn't hurt then it wouldn't make you want to change your behavior.
C: Well...(all high pitched and cute)...bup (that's how she pronounces but) if it was softer and didn't hurt it wouldn't hurt and then you could spank me and it wouldn't hurt.
Me: Well (wonder where she gets the habit of saying, "well" :)) spankings are meant to hurt a little so that you'll change your behavior. You're not supposed to want to be spanked, you're supposed to try to avoid being spanked. We discipline you b/c we love you ... what you were doing last night wasn't good for you, your body needs sleep, God designed the body to sleep and when you were telling us no and refusing to we had to spank you to get you to realize bed was the only option.
C: Welllllll...(all cute and matter-of-fact) you can spank me if you spank me softer bup I don't like being spanked. Remember when you spank me four times???
On and on we went, it was a good conversation. She still remembers the night of four spankings, we're glad it left a little mark in her mind b/c now when she doesn't want to go to bed we remind her of those spankings and (most of the time) she goes right down. Spanking is so interesting to me, it's not something we want or choose to do constantly but there are literally times when nothing else is working and she needs a good swat on the bucket (as grandma would call it :). D & I are such funny spankers, we often miss or barely get her so we decided the first 2 didn't count...the last two, however, after literally 2 hours of putting her back in bed repeatedly definitely counted. :) It was a cute conversation, her trying to convince me to spank softer, but I couldn't help but think I'm like that with God sometimes, thinking the consequence to some sin is too harsh...but really, it's just right, afterall, He is just and right and has only our best interest in mind...I'll try to remember that the next time I get pulled over for speeding and basically flush over 100 bucks down the toilet. :) :) (hopefully there won't be a next time...only 1 ticket in my life but man that stunk!!)
1.10.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment