2.12.2009

The Things She Says

We are just adoring C these days. She has been saying and seeing some of the cutest and most precious things. Just now she called me back to her room to find her poodle that she wants to sleep with and before I left she said, "Momma will you pray for me?" I said, "Sure sweetie, what do you want me to pray for?" She said, "That I will sleep good." So I prayed for her and for her to have a peaceful night of sleep with good dreams, etc. and afterward as I was leaving she said, "Thanks momma, now I will sleep so good tonight." :) I LOVE that! LOVE the faith of a child.

This morning D had left us both a card with sweet notes inside and some of our favorite chocolates on the table. After I read her card to her she said, "That was so nice of him to do that!" :) So sweet.

In the car when she realized she wasn't going to get to play with Johan b/c he was sick she hung her little head and said all softly with a sigh, "That's just too bad."

She also sees things with her little creative mind that blow us away. The other day she was holding a hoola hoop over her big beach ball and said, "HEY! It's outer space!" (referring to Saturn) :)

The other day we went through a car wash with her and now everytime she sits on the potty and her jeans are hanging down past her feet she swings them back and forth and says, "I make a carwash!"

What I love about 3 is that even with all of the independence and attitude of thinking it's quite alright to tell us no and flat out refuse to listen at times also comes this incredible and amazing little personality of gentleness and creativity and love for others. After Nick Nischan passed away C knew he was in heaven and that she didn't need to pray for him anymore but it had become such a habit for her to say, "Dear God, please, Nick a boo-boo on his head thank you amen." that she struggled for a few weeks after his death. She'd start to pray and say "Dear God please Nick...ahhh" and stop. Then she often would just say she didn't want to pray. But now she's starting to understand that prayers aren't always the same, that you can pray for whatever is on your heart. Her prayers lately have been for my sister Amy who is pregnant with twins and was having some complications a few weeks ago. C prays "Dear God, please help Amy have twins. Thank you, Amen." She also prays for her Grandpa now who has been to the doctor several times in the last few weeks to have tests run, "Dear God, please help Grandpa feel better and please help Grandma be safe, thank you, Amen." I love it that she's thinking and praying what is on her heart. While we certainly can't even begin to explain the details of the medical situations Amy and Grandpa are facing she seems to somehow understand and without our prompting she chooses to pray for them. It makes me teary just talking about her prayers and how they've changed. I loved her prayer for Nick and know it was very heartfelt as well...and now as she's growing up I am loving how she is learning that she can just bring her little cares before God...and knows that He's listening intently to her heart's cry.

No comments: