
Last year we took C to the eye doctor just to get a baseline for her vision needs. Both of us need glasses and we're sure she will someday as well. After last year they wanted us to come back this year just to check her astigmatism. So we went back a couple of days ago and good news-the astigmatism has reduced 50% and now is in the normal range for her age, as is her far-sightedness. Apparently all little ones are far-sighted. Everything looked great! YEA! AND it's always a fun appointment b/c this doctor (who is a friend from our church) does developmental stuff as well just to see where our cutie falls and she's doing great developmentally so that's always good to hear. :) One of my favorite parts of the appt. was when she asked C to draw a line and then C drew her a girl complete with eyes, ears, nose, mouth, arms and legs. :) I love her artwork ya know. :) She also said it's great that when she says to look up C actually looks up with just her eyes instead of her whole head, it'll apparently help her to learn to read b/c she is already differentiating between eye muscles and head/neck muscles. When it's time for reading across the page she should be able to do that easy or something I don't know but it was fun.

The other favorite part of the appt. was when C did the eye exam using the letters on the wall! :) Dr. Burns has a ton of cool tools to use to check eyes of little ones with pictures and shapes and stuff and she was having C point to the apple and the house and then she said the cross and I sometimes C doesn't get that one at home cause she always thinks it's a T unless we're specifically talking about Jesus so I said, "She might not get that...C, point to the T" and Carol (the dr.) was like, "She knows her letters????" I said, yeah...Carol was excited b/c you know, that makes the eye exam easier when you can just use the letters on the wall like normal. She said, ok, so what made her want to learn her letters???? I was like, ya know, I don't know! She just learns stuff and remembers stuff. I told her about the alphabet game online and then how after watching it a few times C would start pointing out letters...like, "I see 2 S's" and sure enough, there was Steak n Shake or whatever. SOOO she thought that was great fun but apparently she hasn't had very many 2 year olds to take the eye exam using the letters on the wall so go C! It was a fun, proud moment. Carol is also the same person who taught the personality class at our church a while back that I took. I told her that we're sure C is 'peaceful' something but that we weren't sure what her secondary one would be b/c she's both playful and perfect (organizer). So she asked me a few questions about her and we decided she is Peaceful/Perfect...just like her dad. :) YEA!!! This means hopefully she won't get into as much trouble as I did when I was younger...you know, being on the playful side I tended to keep my room messy and cause mischief for others. :)

All in all it was a great appointment and a fun time. We'll probably continue to have annual exams just to make sure everything is good with her eyes. I love it that we have such an awesome Dr. who loves us and loves our little girl. AND this year I remembered to take my camera! When I got it out C said, "You brought your camera momma?" lol I sure did. Kitty went with us, he's in the pictures too. :) Pretty sure C's favorite part was that she got to eat fresh popcorn while waiting for her eyes to dilate. Isn't that fun!? They have a popcorn machine in the lobby! It's an office totally for kids, love it there!


1 comment:
I love your ponytails C.
Love,
Neena
Post a Comment