5.29.2008

Gymnastics is Over!

Can you believe it? 8 weeks have already gone by. She had mostly good times at gymnastics, she'd come home telling me all about her somersaults and rolling. While it wasn't the best time of day for us (b/c we always had to wake her up from her nap and rush to the gym) it was still all-in-all fun. As long as D took her she did amazingly well, for some reason the time I took her-well, she had another meltdown before settling in and having fun. BUT this last week was the last week. I decided not to go b/c she, again, had JUST gotten up from a nap & she was sick (with a cold) and I didn't want her to be all clingy wanting me to hold her and all. So I stayed home, I thought about sending the camera with D but then decided nah, he won't be able to take pics and be with her so it's fine. Little did we know they were actually going to have a little gymnastics performance!!!!!!!!! I MISSED IT! My girl's very first "recital" type thing and I missed it! So sad. She came home with a little medal around her neck and D was like, "you should've seen her! She performed on the trampoline all by herself in front of everyone!!" ... "What???" They hadn't announced that they'd be performing or anything. She did a "stop sign" on the trampoline...which is basically jumping then stopping and holding your hands out. :) She was all proud when she got home. It was precious.

Then she walked up on stage all by herself to get her medal. Sigh...my friend made me feel better when she reminded me that maybe if I HAD been there C wouldn't have done those things. Maybe that's true but next time, I'm going! :)

No comments: