1.28.2008

Painting

C LOVES to paint. She loves to paint with real paint, pretend paint, painting with eye make-up, painting on the computer, using dry paint brushes to paint in the air, painting nails...she just loves it. So the other day we went to Walmart and bought some paint supplies and came home and had a fun time painting. It started with one brush at a time, one color at a time. Then went to one brush, two colors. After a while it progressed to one brush, several colors.


Moments later she was sticking one finger in the paint, holding up to me and asking, "That enough?" or "this enough?" After one finger came two fingers...then her whole hand and finally she was painting with both hands. It was so fun! She did some great work, and was very proud of herself.


She couldn't wait to show D as soon as he came in the door. After painting of course came the need to wash her hands and somehow-I have no clue how-paint got all over her face!! She was clean until we washed her hands and then she looked at me...and I smiled at the site.




She's such a joy-a real joy.


She often encourages us to just get excited. She plays and pretends like you wouldn't believe! She even argues with one hand and then the other saying, "No that's my book..." then takes it from herself and says, "No it's mine, I got it..." and back and forth. We think it's time for more playgroups or a brother or sister so she can argue with live people instead of her other half. lol


This is just a funny little snipit from my day-yesterday in the car I looked back after having JUST put her shoes and socks on only to see that she had somehow removed her socks and put her shoes back on with no socks. Seriously-she does this in record time! I have NO idea why she does it but as soon as she's in her carseat the socks come off but the shoes go back on! Anyway, I sighed and said, "C...why do you do that?" and she said, "Mom, don't get frustrated." :) Love her.


No comments: