1.14.2008

Sometimes You Can't Help Laughing

You know how sometimes as a parent you can NOT keep from laughing even though you really really shouldn't?? Well, today I had one of those moments. D was at an appt. so sadly he missed it.

I was tutoring and C was playing. She kept wanting to come back on the other side of the couch and play with the table that had my camera sitting on it. I didn't want her to play back there b/c earlier she had decided to play with my tall glass of water while I was training a new tutor online and couldn't really stop her...it ended up getting spilled a little as she 'stirred' it before I could catch her. She TOTALLY gets it, by the way, that I'm training and can't immediately stop her from doing the things that she wants...they're so smart at this age! Anyway I had already told her not to play back there until I put the camera away.

I was tutoring and she went back there again. It started out "innocent" enough, she looked at me with those big eyes and said, "I want to stand over dare." Pointing to the corner. I told her she could STAND there but could not touch the table or anything on it. And then it happened...she leaned over to pick up something I had sitting on the table and I did what I apparently often do when she's about to do something I've asked her not to. I raised my eyebrows and said, "C..." to which she replied, "Mommy, no say........" and then she didn't say anything. So I said, "What?" And she said, "Mommy, no say........"and as I looked at her I noticed she was raising her eyebrows and gave me the same look I was giving her! She said it a few times, "No say....pause...eyebrows up..." After like the third time of her making that face at me with that wild hair she was having today I got the giggles. I was trying to explain to her sternly that she isn't allowed to tell mommy what to do or not do but could not quit laughing at that face...pretty sure my message was a bust. BUT because I knew I'd be doing my best to describe this moment for you in this blog & because I had already ruined the 'parenting moment' I got out the camera and had her say it again so I could take her picture. Look at her, all serious-trying to look like me. She cracks us up & sometimes you just have to laugh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cara! Your such a Cutie Pie!

Aunt Amy

Anonymous said...

You already look so much like your Momma! You are so precious. Love, Neena