11.17.2007

Lots of "NEW" In Entries Below

So apparently we have a lot of "new" things going on. As I looked at the blog tonight after I published it I just thought...how fun! I love new things! There was a theme and I didn't even realize it!

So to kick off all of the "new" entries I thought I'd make a quick list of some of the "new" things C has been doing. You can totally skip over this entry, it's really just another one of those for our records to look back and see when she did what and for her to read someday about her development as well. :) Totally boring for most people to read so skip ahead skip ahead! I just love to celebrate her milestones no matter how small or huge they may be. :)

Things she has started saying on a regular basis:

That's pretty cool momma!
That's pretty neat!
Oh thanks dadda.
Yep, it sure is! or I sure am! (like today in the car..."I ticklin my feet!" "You are?" "Yep, I sure am!" She cracks me up!
Exc-lel-lent Momma.
I DO IT!! (little miss independent sometimes)
Dadda loves momma...and momma loves DADDA! Then she says her name with a T instead of a C so she'll say, and dadda loves T and momma loves T!
When I say something like...you're so cool or you're so fun she'll say, "No, I not cool, I pretty!"

Things She Enjoys:

Dadda coming home & playing in the sandbox in a way that only he can (I'll be playing with her in the sandbox and she'll say, "When dadda get home we go play in SANDBOX!!!" as if she hasn't played in it all week even though she's sitting in it right then! It's definitely their thing - very cute.)
Wiping off our kisses in an ornery way then wanting more so she can wipe them off too
Hearing us sing Zacheus Was a Wee Little Man while we all do the motions
Doing the Barnyard Dance
Doing the "Pokey Pokey"
Putting her toys in timeout for "Not Listening"
Cooking with momma-even if that just means stirring the dry macaroni while I get the bowl ready for the Easy Mac n Cheese :)
Playing "ALL TOGETHER" on the bed, or in the living room or even the sandbox
Playing computer games and listening to stories on the computer
Watching Diego & Dora and lately even Veggie Tales
Stacking, spinning & knocking down poker chips
Praying
Chocolate
Lotion
Chap stick
Kittens (fake or real or fake that look real)
Donuts
Broccoli (for real, she eats it before she eats pizza!)
Mac-n-Cheese
Butter (by the spoonful preferably)

Things She Has Learned:

That pop-rocks are very fun to eat
That it's more fun to be found than to stay hidden
That it's not fun to have sand in your toes...or in your bed
That spankings can hurt
That some things are "just too dippicult" for her
That dancing is a great way to spend your time no matter what time of day or where we are
How to play the memory game (She's a whiz at this! Holy cow! She can clear the board pretty fast)
Her letters (knows at least 75% by sight...says, "Umm...that's an H"...or whatever it is...for N she says, "NIGHTINGALE!" http://www.fisher-price.com/us/fun/games/abczoo/default.asp ...very fun and apparently educational! This girl just remembers everything somehow! I'll say C for (and then say her name) and she'll say, "No, C for Camel!" she used to say D for Dadda until this game and now she says, "No, D not for dadda...D for dolphin!" We'd love to take full credit for this new skill but for real, it's just lots of alphabet toys and this new computer game is awesome b/c she has to hit the key, then she sees the letter on the screen, then they say it out loud for her and then give her an animal that starts with that letter. So it hits all of the senses. We didn't realize she knew so many and were reading to her a few nights ago and I decided while we were reading an ABC book that I'd just point to the letters and ask her what letter it was...thinking she'd get like...D, C, J & E right...umm, yeah, D and I just sat there on the bed in awe as she just kept knowing each one! She missed like 5 maybe. It was a fun moment.
How to sing theme songs from Diego
ALMOST knows how to jump...she did it ONCE yesterday and was actually off the ground but usually her toes stay on the ground and her heels go up

She's growing and changing so fast this of course doesn't do justice to how great a day with C really can be. Not to say we don't have bad days b/c of course we do but boy we have lots good days too.

No comments: