The night ended with C sitting all smiles at the base of the tree. Right in front of 'her section' playing with her toys and her ornaments. Ok, ok...I sat her right in front of her section for the picture, otherwise, she doesn't pause to sit in front of anything for long. :) Anyway, she was thrilled with the tree all evening. At one point while D & I were still cleaning up and decorating she exclaimed, "MOMMA! LOOK AT THE CHRISTMAS TREE!" She'd pat 'my' ornaments and pull hers off the tree, then put them back on. She played and played with Baby Jesus and the whole manger scene. She said night night to everyone and everything on the tree on the way to bed.
It's a precious year for us once again. Just thankful on this Thanksgiving night to have each other, C & Jesus. I got teary as D pulled out sentimental ornaments...like one from our first Christmas together in 1997 and one from C's first Christmas in 2005. An especially special moment came when I put my Grandma's ornaments on the tree and explained to C how special they were. So of course there were some sentimental tears today, lots of laughter and even some 'frustration' that came when I wouldn't let her play with the ornament hooks. She said a couple of fun new words today too including of course, Tanksviving and also actually (ashually) & interesting (intestsing). :) Good times...good, good times.


No comments:
Post a Comment