10.13.2007

She Was 2 When I Went To College...

Now she's running Varsity Cross Country in High School and WINNING!! She came in 12th today at Regionals and is going to be running at Semi-State this coming Saturday! Joe (my brother, her dad) was an amazing runner as well. So cool to see her not only enjoying it but giving her all to be the best she can be just like he did. She has been fighting a lung infection during the past few weeks but even with that she continues to improve her time and qualify for the next round! This weekend she improved by 20 seconds! Now, I'm no runner but I'm pretty sure that's a LOT!!! Better yet - she's praying with her team before the races! HOW COOL IS THAT!

GO J!!!!

I'm so proud of her! Of course it makes me allllll teary b/c I can remember her when she was C's age. I called her tonight to tell her congrats and got all teary on the phone. Then I got all sentimental tonight when I was giving C her bath, for some reason I just started remembering when J was her age and I was leaving for KCC. One day when I was getting ready to leave for college after being home for the weekend J was sitting in a little rocking chair (that C now claims as her own) and said, "Do you dress yourself at col-ledge?" Precious. Time goes so fast. It's been so cool to watch her grow up, she's beautiful inside and out. My brother & sister-in-law have some of the best kids in America! :) (I'm not biased or anything.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice blog, M!!! Love you lots!!! J is doing great. It's really exciting to think ahead to the next 2 years and what they might bring! She's starting B-ball practice next Monday. Oh well, no rest for the weary! Also want to add something else even more important: She has A's in ALL her classes! Algebra 2, Chemistry, and Biomedical Science (a new class this year that only a certain number of students are allowed into) and that is not found in many high schools. J also has all A's right now in college and G has all A's too. Okay, I'll quit bragging now, LOL!!!