9.07.2007

Pumpkins & Indian Corn She Planted w/ Papaw

In May we went to Indiana to visit family & C had a chance to plant some Indian Corn oh-so-carefully with my dad. It was so cute to watch her place the seeds in the ground and then look up at him for direction on where to place the next 'one.' This past weekend my sister came to visit and brought pictures of C planting the seeds and several ears of the corn as well as a pumpkin. Tonight on the phone my dad asked if she liked it...well, she is THRILLED with her new 'toys.' She LOVES playing with the 'cob corn' and everytime she sees the pumpkin she shouts, "MOMMA!!!! PUMPKIN-I WILL GET IT!!!!!!" as if it just appeared out of nowhere and she's never seen one before. Then she'll say..."HEABY!! MOMMY WILL GET IT!"

So of course I had a little photo shoot with her and the corn and the pumpkin. And of course, as our photo shoots often go these days, she wasn't so much in the mood to pose and smile for me as she was in the mood to play with and rearrange all of the props. It's all good though, I love it that she is proud of her cob corn. Tonight she was talking with D about it and she said, "Noooo eat it!" Yeah, wonder where she's heard that? During the photo shoot after smelling it a few times (you can see her crinkled nose in one of the pictures) she decided to taste it! Yuck! So I told her not to eat it, apparently she didn't think D knew it wasn't to be eaten so she let him know the rules tonight. I have to say, it's so fun for us to hear such big thoughts coming out of our little one's mouth. She's so grown up with her, "-s'cuse me momma...s'cuse me" and "bless you momma...bless you!" (said everytime we sneeze).

And while we're on the topic of her repeating things she hears us say...guess what else she says now?? "Umm, yeah!" JUST like I do!!! It's crazy I tell ya, she's been saying it all week to everything and I'm like...where in the world does she get that??? Who SAYS that!?? Umm, yeah, it's me...100% me. I can't tell you how many times that has happened in the last two weeks, she'll start a new habit or phrase...I'll think and think and try to figure out where on Earth she could've possibly picked it up...maybe the nursery...maybe Aunt Lynn...maybe her friends that we play with...and then it happens, I hear myself say it! It's ME!! Apparently she's at the age of repeating what I say so here we go...all of my improper grammar is going to come out in the form of a 2year old cutie repeating it. I've been working on having her say, "Yes" but of course "umm yeah" seems to be much more natural for her. It's not in a sassy way or anything, it's almost an excited umm yeah! It's also more like one word...hard to describe, precious to hear but a reminder that she's watching and hearing everything!

Such a joy, for real, such...a...joy!

1 comment:

Life with Spirit said...

HOpefully you have framed the one with her sitting on the ground. It is soooooo good!