So yesterday I bought C a new book that has fun, unique animals in it. I love it b/c it's not your typical "dog/cat/bear" book. I bought it on the way to dinner with a friend of mine thinking that would help C last a little longer in the restaurant so that we could enjoy a longer chat with each other. So as we sat there chatting and C was reading she would occasionally say, "What that momma?" or "What this?" pointing to different animals in the book. I would say, "that's a sloth bear...or an armadillo"...or whatever it was. Then at one point she said, "What this momma?" and I said, "That's some kind of monkey." To which she replied, "MARMOSET MOMMA...MARMOSET!" I said, "What did you say?" She said, "MARMOSET!! RIGHT THERE!" Sure enough...it WAS a marmoset!!! Now, again, I'd love to take credit for our almost 2 year old knowing what a marmoset looks like but I must give credit to Diego...a few weeks ago we watched an episode about marmosets on Diego. C remembered that apparently. So I'm attaching a picture of the marmoset in the book (1st picture) and an actual marmoset I found on google (2nd picture)...I think she's right! Very fun times.


No comments:
Post a Comment