
C LOVES to cook. From a very young age she's been standing on a chair next to me "cooking" (aka stirring water and some spices in a bowl and lately transferring the water from one bowl to another with my baster. :) Lately I've been giving her a little more freedom in the kitchen. She's a big girl now and has done very well with responsibility and being careful and respecting the kitchen. She holds the mixer when we make cakes and has even cracked several eggs. The other day we were making some sloppy joes so I decided to let her stir the ground turkey, it wasn't splattering or anything and I was right there beside her (that's for you grandmas). :) She was THRILLED with this new responsibility. She only stirred it for a minute or so and then it was ready (I had cooked it most of the way).
A day or so later I let her put the garlic, salt & pepper on the pork roast in the crock pot. She also was watching/helping me chop the onions...by helping I just mean standing right beside me and holding the handle one time...yeah, her little eyes were burning, bless her heart. I had been cutting and they weren't burning my eyes so I let her come closer-bad idea. We tried everything to get rid of the sting, washing our hands, washing our eyes, drinking water, chewing gum...eating nerds. :) That's what worked by the way. lol It was just a matter of taking her mind off of it after a while. She wasn't crying or anything but definitely stinging. On the cool side she now totally gets it when I'm crying while cutting onions. :) She was still talking about it days later. :)
It's so cool to watch her grow. I taught her what a chef and we've been watching Food Network together once in a while. She told me she wants to be a "Cheft" when she grows up. :) Love it. She can do whatever she wants to do when she grows up, in the meantime, I'm soaking up my time with her and cherishing the moments we have.






No comments:
Post a Comment