We had a long day. C was up at 7:30...she NEVER gets up that early, then we were picking up Johan & Dayana today so that meant no nap...by 5 she was all done and just tender, cranky and needing to sleep. When she's like that, of course, it effects our day and my mood and I was tired too...D had worked all day until 5ish and by the time he got home we just both needed a break. She just needed to play with her dadda and I just needed to relax for a bit. :) I love it that he can come in and just lift our spirits, make us forget about our fatigue and help us to finish the evening with giggles and fun.
Tonight we were laying in her bed and she was talking about wanting a brother...a-gain. She is NOT forgetting this! I have no idea why she started with it but anyway...it's continuing. So tonight I reminded her that we could pray for a healthy baby. This is how the conversation went.
Me: We can ask God for a healthy baby and see what His will is for us.
C: Bup...(that's how she says but)...I want it to be a brother.
Me: Well, we'd be happy with a brother or sister.
C: Will it grow in your belly????
Me: Yep, it sure would.
C: Right here??? (pointing to her belly)
Me: You're right, that's where it would be.
C: I KNOW!!! WHEN I GET BIGGER I CAN HAVE A BABY IN MY BELLY!!!
Me: I hope so sweetie, I hope you can. :) First you need to marry a Christian.
C: (as cheerful as EVER) HEY! I HAVE AN IDEA! If we have a baby I can READ to it!!
Me: Absolutely. Iwould love for you to read to our baby.
C: WE CAN HAVE A BABY LIKE MY FRIENDS THEY HAVE BABIES AT THEIR HOUSES AND WE CAN HAVE A BABY AT OUR HOUSE AND I HOLD THEIR BABIES AND I HOLD A BROTHER AND AT OUR HOUSE I CAN HOLD A BABY!
Me: Smiling at her ideas...You can absolutely hold a baby if we have one at our house.
C: (flashing her smiling eyes at me) Mommy...we're done talking now...can we get up and play?
I tried to say something else and she said, Mommy...stop, we're done...putting her hand out. :) So we snuggled some more, no time for playing but she went quickly off to sleep after I left.
:) I.love.this.child.
11.18.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment