9.04.2008

The Drive


Oh how our road trips have changed! I am pretty sure this is the farthest we've driven...it took 9.5 hours to get here (mainly b/c in the last 120 miles C literally had to go potty 6 times!!)

It is a beautiful drive though. We saw lots of mountains and valleys. C took it all in, loving every scene. She's been asking if it's fall since Winter. :) That's b/c she wanted to go to the pumpkin patch in the Winter and I told her we couldn't until Fall. Then she also discovered that her birthday is in the Fall AND that we were going to the beach in the Fall so we've heard "Is it Fall yet?" at LEAST 3 times a week since Jan! So yesterday when we got her out of bed to begin the long drive she immediately asked if it was Fall to which I replied an excited YES!!! It's FALL!! (shh, I know, it's not TECHNICALLY fall but we've been telling her we're going to the beach in the fall for months so it's Fall for us.) ANYWAY after I had told her it was indeed fall we walked outside to get in the car and the first thing she said was, "It's Fall?? But the leaves are different colors yet!!" Hmm...you're right C but they're BEGINNING to change colors. So on the drive I was also pointing out as many yellow and red leaves as I could find. :)

We also got to drive through TWO HUGE HUGE tunnels! One of C's favorite things! It was great fun. She's in her jammies b/c we had high hopes that she'd take a nap...lol...if you know C you know that RARELY happens in the car! No nap.

No comments: