
We were playing with Johan and Dayana the other day and on a whim I decided to take them to the beach...here in Ohio, aka Alum Creek. :) They have been talking about the beach every since we came back so we decided to pack some sandwiches and head out to the beach. They were pretty excited to say the least.


When we got there it was empty except for one couple who had a canvas out and were painting. We hauled all of the food and sand toys from the car to a spot on the beach and then saw some tables that we could eat at so we headed up to the tables with our food. Here's where my first tip comes in...don't take fresh fruit to the beach. There were bees and as soon as we opened up the fruit cups I had packed the bees were all over it. We had to sacrifice Johan's fruit cup b/c there were so many bees in it by the time we had moved tables. Then the bees followed us so lunch was over pretty quickly, I think the only thing they all three got down was their sandwich. :) We headed down to the beach and played in the water, after rolling our pants up. This is where my second tip comes in...it apparently doesn't help to roll your pants up when you're 8 and under. :) Dayana was so wet that I had her ride home with a towel around her and Johan wasn't quite as wet but had somehow gotten the sand to stick to his jeans all over and C had on shorts so you wouldn't think she'd have the problem of getting wet but somehow they did. :) Just a little though. We built sand castles and found shells and lost lipgloss. We played and played and filled buckets of water and emptied buckets of water and tried to catch minnos...to no avail. "Ok, move real slow..." and that's where it ended. :) The three of them sooooooo don't move slow. :)



It was a great fun time. The waves were sooo tiny compared to the ocean but everytime a boat or jetski went by we enjoyed the little crash of the waves. In the end the bees found us again so we hussled to the car and rode home. On the ride home here was our conversation...
C: "Momma, I want a bath."
Me: "Ok, you'll get a bath when we get home."
C: "Yeah, I always get a bath when I get home."
Me: "A bath is what C takes instead of showers. You guys take showers and a bath is like that except you sit down instead of standing up and you have bubbles."
Dayana: "Oh, we don't have bubbles at my house."
C: "Yeah, we always have bubbles."
Then we got to Lynn's for me to drop them off and the kids jumped out pleading for a bath. :) Fun aunt Mary. :) I love teaching my niece and nephew new words. :) Lynn's version of this story is quite different than mine. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment