8.31.2008

Updates

We've started Family Movie Nights but I forgot to blog about it and umm, my pictures are all currently on an external harddrive b/c my laptop has been mostly dead all week...she (my laptop) is VERY sensitive these days, I can't touch her or she gets all shaky and shuts off (it's a sign of abuse) and and the other day she just shut off for no reason! VERY moody SOOO we got all 11,000...I'm not even kidding...11,000 pictures off so that they'll be safe if she dies. ANYWAY we have started Family Movie Nights and it's great fun, it's just the three of us and we have popcorn, hang Christmas lights and drink grape pop with curly straws (C never gets pop so that's a special treat although she didn't like the grape so much so next time we'll do sprite). ANYWAY the other day we decided to have a kids movie night/adult game night. :) GREAT FUN! We rented a couple of movies for the three little ones and then we played cards while they watched them. I had just found some bean bags and they wanted me to take their picture so here they are. Johan and Dayana are doing GREAT-look how much they've grown! Maybe you can't tell but man I think they've just come so far in less than 6 months! They look taller but more importantly you can see a confidence and security in their little eyes-I love that. They're speaking English although Johan doesn't think he can (he doesn't realize he's switched) and they love their cousin C and boy does she love them! If we go more than a couple of days without seeing them C is asking about them and wanting to have them over to play. A few weeks ago she woke up at 11, I went in and she said, "Where Johan and Dayana?" I said, "They're sleeping too sweetie." She rolled over and went back to sleep. :) We're missing them right now b/c D has been sick and we're getting ready for vacation and do not want to catch it but hopefully we'll get to see them before we go. So that's a brief update on the kids.


Secondly, I didn't get the job at the beginning of the year but the principal said they hire all through the fall and into January so we truly believe it's only a matter of time before they have another opening, my paperwork just didn't get processed fast enough and the offices weren't willing to process it any faster so we just had to wait. Consequently, she filled the positions. So keep it on your prayer list that their enrollment goes crazy and another position opens up for me soon. :)


Thirdly...hmm, not sure I have a thirdly...nevermind. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I love you all. Can't wait to see everyone again soon.
Love,
Neena