






We went to the zoo again, LOVE having the zoo pass. We can go anytime we want and stay for as little or long as we want. Today we stayed all day with our friends Stephanie & Charlie and their girls Emmalee and Hannah. Em is about 9 months older than C. Everyone did GREAT even with no naps! We had a VERY fun day! We looked at literally all but one section of the zoo, saw a TON of animals, rode the carousel, went on a boat ride through the monkeys, and got the girl's faces painted! Beautiful! Here's the funny thing about face painting, Steph and I thought it would like last a couple of days...or at least one day...or at least the rest of the afternoon. lol By dinner time it started to smear. That night in the bath it washed right off, except for the black outline which would only smear but would not come off. The next morning I got her out of bed and she had black smeared on her sheet so I changed the sheets for her then looked at her face and our little girl looked like she had bruises all along her cheek and beside her eye. Perfect. That's just what I had hoped the face painting would do! :) Another lesson learned. :)
She's looking at herself in the mirror in the two above. :)
Most of the animals were playing, the monkeys were swinging, the flamingos were walking and fighting, the penguins were swimming, the turtles were mating as usual (no joke, EVERY TIME we go they are mating!), the lion was sleeping and the gorillas...well, the gorillas were the best today! We were watching them play and swing and climb and then we had the girls sitting on the ledge right in front of the glass. We were taking their pictures and literally seconds after I took the last picture the big gorilla came and banged on the glass right where they were sitting! They both jumped up, I snapped a picture of their reaction but oh how I wish I had captured the gorilla in action! They were both startled, but not scared...it was hilarious. We told them he was saying hi. :)
This last picture is the one where he banged on the window...you can see the gorilla's bum as he is running past, Em spun around, they both jumped up, you can see C's pigtail in the air from her quick movement to jump up. :) Funny moment.













2 comments:
Has anyone noticed? C's butterflies fly from one side of her face to the other! Magic face painting!
Sounds like a beautiful fun day.
Love, Neena
I labeled the two mom is referring too...she was looking in the mirror actually. Mom thought I had flipped the pictures. :)
Post a Comment