

What a BEAUTIFUL day for the zoo! It was frog day or something, I'm not even sure what that means except that there were frogs all over the place...fake ones, as seen in the picture above. Apparently it was some kind of frog awareness but umm, I missed it and am still unaware. :) Ruffy the Paw was with us all day.


It was the best day at the zoo ever! Not only did we see our friends Amy & Bailey there (& little Olivia too). It was perfect weather, the crowds weren't toooo bad, we got to pet & brush the goats, we rode the carousel (Ruffy the Paw did too) and we rode on a train (with Ruffy)!

BUT the best part of ALL...the BEARS WERE PLAYING A LOT!! Don't worry...Ruffy The Paw saw them too & he wasn't scared either! :)
Well, C said they were playing, I'm not sure it wasn't more of a fight but regardless it was very fun to watch! They were rolling around, biting each other's ears, opening their mouths and moving their lips all around in what I can only imagine is some sort of communication technique, wrestling, biting the inside of each other's mouths, and best of all, they were up on their hind legs! ALL right in front of the window where we were standing!!!! VERY FUN SHOW! We stayed for probably 20 minutes just watching them, they'd sit and rest then one would bite the other one's ear or bat at him with his paw and they'd start again. It was great. If they were "playing" I certainly don't want to ever play with a bear! Holy cow they're big! I think they were grizzlies...if not Maria will surely let me know. :)














No comments:
Post a Comment