3.02.2008

The Library


This is the last of my "catching up" posts. The day we went to the library...also known as the day the flu hit us...started out as a very fun day. I've never taken C to the library story time...I don't know why, at first I thought it was just going to be someone reading to us and thought...what in the world-she won't like that or sit still for that...then like a year ago my sister-in-law Tricia & my sister Amy both told me that it actually is very fun with singing and puppets AND reading! So finally, finally we went!



Who knew that we would be infecting everyone around us with this stinking flu! ANYWAY it was great fun! C LOVED it! LOVED IT! Of course I took a ton of pictures. I'm sure people were wondering what in the world I kept taking pictures of but hey-it was our first story time!!! We're definitely going to make it part of our Thursday routine. I'm even going to get a library card!!! Shocking! By the way-the one with her mouth open is during the reading of The Wide-Mouthed Frog. I love that book! She does too, I had forgotten about it but bought it on ebay today. :)

This was a very cool library-it has an awesome children's section complete with a "story garden" and tons of fun sculptures to climb and play on/in. It also had tables set up with felt for them to play with or coloring pages...stuff like that. AND AND she even got a STAMP at the end...on BOTH hands!!!! VERY FUN! It was a great morning!
Umm...ok, now that I've loaded all of these pictures-I'm pretty sure I stuck out as a first timer! LOL I have soooo many! These are just the best of the best! Glad I captured her first though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cara, I am so glad you got to go to the library! It is so much fun to listen to stories and they have lots of cool books for you to read! Reading books is so exciting! You can learn about many, many, great things in books!
Love,
Neena