3.02.2008

freecycle.com

So today we went to my sister's house to take a pool that I got from freecycle...umm, if you haven't heard of it you must look it up in your county! Just go to freecycle.com I joined just a few weeks ago and basically it's just a bunch of people who would like to give their stuff away to another family who can use it! SOOO I got an above ground pool for my sister and their new children for FREE!!! How fun is that!?! It's a small one - perfect size really. Anyway, we went over there to drop it off and C & I went inside while D unloaded it. C saw alllll of their new toys but she wasn't allowed to play with them b/c you know, they're new and not ours but that's very difficult for a 2 & 1/2 year old to understand. Bless her heart, she was so sad that she couldn't play so I explained that it was Johan & Dayanna's and that when they got home we would all play together but that we can't play until they get home. She tried to understand...even repeated it back to me as if she did understand but she was still sad, not just a little sad-meltdown sad. Bless her heart...it's a tough concept. She settled down once we were in the car but man, she didn't want to leave the room of toys.

So I had D stop on the way home and buy some playdough. It was a very fun surprise for her-we all played for a while and they're still in there playing. I just heard him say, "I'm going to make a dinosaur." Then C said, "Daddy-you maked an OCTOPUS!!!" :) lol "Daddy...is the dinosaur syet?" (is he done yet apparently is what she meant) It's been tons of fun since we got home.

Also on freecycle.com we got a dining room table with an expandable leaf and 6 chairs! FREE! Now, not that we don't have a table but we don't have chairs-using card table chairs b/c we ruined our antique chairs and the table didn't fit our height-even though Josh (thanks man!) did a great job of raising the height it started to wobble the last few years so we got rid of that set. Dad gave us a table to get us by and we just haven't made it a priority to purchase one but now we're getting a set for free! How cool is that!?

No comments: