3.26.2008

A Beautiful Day

FINALLY! FINALLY we had a nice enough day to go to the park and play. C has missed the park sooooo much. As much as I love snow I have to admit I am definitely ready for Spring this year.


We met my sister's family there and immediately C was excited to see her cousins. She was surprised b/c we hadn't told her they were coming so it was like she thought it was a coincidence. She was all set to show them the little play area she had enjoyed sooo much last year but they immediately spotted the tall slide and sprinted toward it. C was coming down her small slide at the time and then it happened-our big girl ran to the tall slide, never again to return to her small play area. She's growing up so fast but for real, it's at the park that I notice the most difference. I see it when I watch her do something with ease that last year only caused frustration b/c she couldn't reach or couldn't climb. Today-she was all over the place. Some things were still 'too old' for her but she'll get them by the end of summer I am sure! She was so excited coming down the big slide over and over. Then we put them all on the tire swing-which last year she literally stood under and would poke her head up through the center thinking that was all the fun it had to offer. Today...she was in for a treat! D spun them around, then pushed them back and forth, then spun them around while being pushed back and forth. It was great fun. She was excited the entire time saying, "oooo-hoo-hooooo" and "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" and of course giggling with Dayana. I took some video that I'll load tonight.




It was a great day.
Me: "Why?"
D: "Because I'm cool."
Me: "You are cool...but my sister is cooler."
:)

No comments: