1.06.2008

Black Permanent Marker...Meet...Our Couch!!!

So there we were on a Sunday afternoon, all three of us hanging out in our bedroom. You know, just relaxing, playing on the bed, etc. C left us for a moment and we were talking and didn't pay much attention to her absence...until a few minutes had gone by and she hadn't come back...and the kicker-all was silent! So we came out to the living room to find C sitting on the couch holding a huge black permanent marker!!!! WHERE DID SHE GET THAT!?! Whoa...we went into rush mode...you know, when you rush around trying to solve a problem but you really have no clue how to solve it?! Yeah, that was us...I grabbed a baby wipe, D headed for the cleaner in the kitchen, I ran down and got the leather cleaner b/c of course, it's a leather couch so you know, you're not supposed to use harsh cleaners. Who cares, we tried it all, and after what seemed like an eternity but was no more than 2 minutes D brought out the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Can I just say-those things really are magic!!! It got it out!!! In the meantime C was just beside herself b/c we were both frustrated with her and put her in an immediate time out to get her out from under foot while we frantically tried to get it off. She got out of time-out on her own and was following us around all sad b/c D had said he wasn't happy with her. She's sooooooooooo tender when he's frustrated over something she's done. We weren't yelling, we weren't screaming at her, we didn't even spank her but she could tell we weren't happy (you know, b/c we said we weren't happy with her-not to mention the tension that rushing around brings to the air) and boy was she sad. Bless her heart. I was taking pics of the couch while D scrubbed so yeah, I took a picture of my sweetest sweetie crying. SOOO new rule: No coloring on the couch with marker either!! The next day, she did it AGAIN!!! I still have no idea where she found TWO permanent markers but she got spanked the second day. She hasn't done it since...and we've put away ALL markers.

No comments: