1.06.2008

10th Anniversary!

We celebrated our 10th anniversary in Dec. We've been so busy with holidays and travel that I just haven't taken time to post about it! And while the night itself wasn't anything 'special' in most people's eyes it was perfect for us, we were in Maine. We had awesome babysitters and dinner with some great friends. While the night isn't anything to write about-it's not the night that counts. The best part is our life. I love being married to my best friend. I love it that he's the one that comes through that door each night, that he's the one that is the father of my children. And at the risk of sounding all mushy I'm blogging anyway b/c I'm thankful for him & someday when C & hopefully other children of ours read this blog I want them to know, to know without a doubt that we have always been in love. I want them to see how much respect I have for the man they get to call dad. I'm thankful for his tenderness, his sweetness, his sense of humor, his leadership, and his prayers. I love the fact that I still get all giddy when I'm calling him during the day and waiting for him to answer or when he calls to say he's on his way home...like for real, sometimes I can hardly speak cause something happens in my throat and I get all excited. I love knowing that he loves me and our daughter more than anything. I love watching him with C - he's so loving and sweet with her, even in discipline. We've had a great ten years. While the past two have been trying in some ways they've been amazing in others. I am so blessed to get to go through it all with D. As we are currently facing decisions that will surely impact our future & our children's future there's no one I'd rather make those decisions with. Of all of the gifts God has given me I'm so very thankful that he brought D into my life. I'm just so thankful & humbled that we have a good, strong & happy marriage.




I love this man! I'll scream it from the mountaintops & whisper it in his ear. Ten years later I can still say, D you're that prayer. You're more than I ever would've dreamed of praying for...I didn't know how good marriage could be.

No comments: