10.17.2007

Jammies All Day

We stayed in our jammies all day today...well, C got a fresh clean pair this morning b/c the pair she slept in had a little bit of her 'tots' on the sleeves from a runny nose during the night I guess. Anyway, we just spent our day snuggling, relaxing, reading books and watching some Diego & Dora. She just hasn't been herself the last couple of days. This evening we decided to take her to the Dr. (urgent care b/c our Dr. is closed on Thursdays and by the time we decided she should go their office had closed for today) and sure enough, she has an ear infection. I suspected she did b/c when I put her down for her nap today she literally laid in there and jabbered for like 50 minutes, then started crying. I went right in and asked her what was wrong and she said, "I got a boo-boo in ear!!" I said, "You do?" And she said, "Yeah Momma! Get the lotion!" :) How cute is that! We always put neosporin on her boo-boos and lotion on her little bumps (on her skin...similar to exema only not but sometimes they itch and lotion takes care of it...). Anyway, she apparently thinks lotion in her ear would make it all better. I said, "Honey I don't have lotion for your ear but I can call the Dr. back and get you some medicine." To which she replied, "Oh Thanks Momma!" :) SWEET--HEART! I gave her some motrin for the pain and then she slept for 2 hours, but got up and still didn't feel well. The Dr. confirmed, there is indeed a boo-boo in her ear. D took her b/c I was doing some online training for our new tutors. He said she did great and even talked a little. :) On the way out she saw a big bowl of suckers and said, "DADDA!! I GET A SUCKER!!" So of course they gave her one. She's on the pink stuff...and the purple stuff too, we're giving her a decongestant until the antibiotic kicks in. She still has lots of 'tots.' But can totally blow her nose now which is VERY helpful. She's been in a good mood in spite of it all. Hopefully she'll start feeling better tomorrow.

No comments: