Well...here's how it went...our Dr. came in...
Dr. Stacey: "Hi C...can you say hi Dr. Stacey?"
C: nothin...just stared at her...
Dr. Stacey: "Can you say Hi Stacey?"
C: nothin...still just stared
Dr. Stacey: "Can you say hi?"
C: nothin
Dr. Stacey: "Does she talk?"
Me: "Umm yeah, she can talk."
Dr. Stacey: "She should have about 50 words by this point and be putting 2 words together to make a sentence."
Me: "Yeah, she's doing that."
So she checked her out, answered a question I had (I forgot like 5 questions I had for her b/c my girl wasn't saying a WORD! NOTHING! Not even "no"!
Dr. Stacey: "Do you want a sucker?"
C: nothin
Dr. Stacey: "Here ya go, can you say thank you?"
C: no words! FOR REAL! She said NOTHING while the Dr. was in the room.
So our Dr. left...and I quote:
C: "Look Momma! I GOT A SUCKER!!! I will open it....oooo! It's GREEN!!!"
Are ya kiddin me?? I had to smile. Of ALL the people you want your girl to show off for it's the doctor who is evaluating her development! I was so shocked that our little chatterbox wouldn't say anything that I didn't know what to say! She said nothing! Not a word-didn't even make a sound! Soooo...there ya go. Apparently I needed a little taste of humble pie. :) I was all ready for her to show off and you know, be the smartest little 2 year old they've ever seen! NOTHING...no words. :) Good times I tell ya, good times!
10.04.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment