After 2 timeouts apparently she thought it fitting to begin putting her toys in timeout! That's right...I was on the computer, D was watching TV and she was playing. A few minutes passed and then I heard her saying, "Timeout!" I looked and she had put her princess toy in the timeout chair. She was leaning forward jabbering to the princess as if she was explaining the reason for the timeout, then she'd say, "Timeout!" I have to say, there is just something about seeing this little almost 2 year old repeating my actions and words to her 'babies.' I
think that's a good sign.
9.22.2007
Timeout
I've said before how effective timeouts have been for C. They still are very effective, at home, in the car, Children's hospital...everywhere. She totally responds to being put in a timeout. She started her day with a timeout this morning to get herself under control while trying to throw a tantrum. It helped her calm down after just a couple of minutes she was fine. Then she had another timeout later this evening b/c she was doing something she knows is a no-no. When I asked her what she was doing she said, "TAM UP! In de chair!" That's right, she was standing up in a dining room chair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment