Our C is growing up so fast. When I was 2 I had a shirt that said, "Chatterbox" - C is following close behind. She's talking more and more in sentence form. Sometimes she can't remember all of the 'filler' words so she'll fill in with some hums...example, "Dadda hmm hat hunnn on mmmm head!" Translation - Dadda has his hat on his head. She's starting to say more of those filler words daily, constantly improving.
Like yesterday when watching Dora with D she looked at him and said, "Kitten is Stuck in Big Tree!" She is also referring to herself as "baby" which is very cute. The other day I was blowing bubbles for her and she said, "Momma, Baby will do it!" When I didn't let her she repeated, "Baby will try it!" That conversation didn't end as fun as it started when I put the bubbles away and she had a mini meltdown. She has said "Baby will try it" more than once this week when she wants to try something. Of course, baby doesn't always mean herself...you have to look at the context clues b/c if she's holding a doll then she's referring to it as 'baby.'
Here are some more conversations we've had the past few days...
"Peemple...hurts."
So I said, "Does your pimple hurt?"
"MMM-HMM!...Momma will fix it."
I said, "Yes, momma will do her best to fix it." and I put some neosporin on it then she said, "Momma better...better, momma, better." "Momma fix-ed-did it."
"I drop-ped-did it dadda"
D said, "You dropped your bunny?"
"Mmm-hmm...Dadda will get it."
So D said, "Of course Dadda will get it!" She's constantly saying, "Momma will get it" or "Dadda will get it" or "Dadda will fix it"or "Look Momma...look at it!"
She's just turning into a little person that you can have conversations with. Where did my itty bitty baby go! It's all good, I know, but it just goes so fast. Lately she's been pretending even more. Yesterday in the car she was making the weirdest sound...kind of like a cry only definitely not like her cry. We were watching her in the mirror and wondering what she was doing and finally D said, "What's the matter C?" and she said, "Baby is sad!" and continued to hold and hug her little baby doll and fake cry for it as if the baby was crying. Then she asked for bandaids for the baby and had me put two bandaids on her baby doll's hands. Today she came in and said, "Momma, baby needs a diaper!" Holding out her baby doll...so we got out the preemie diaper stash and in the end had diapers on several dolls and bears...all of which were removed within 2-3 minutes of course. I love the diapers these days though, when I played with them you could barely get them to stick more than once...but these she can use over and over! It's fun to see her love on and cuddle her 'sad' babies and dolls. It will be so cool to see what kind of big sister she'll be if God blesses us with another one. She has such a tender heart for babies. We'll be in a store and she'll hear a baby crying and say with concern, "Baby sad?" & I was talking on the phone with someone who recently had a baby and C heard the baby crying in the background and after I hung up she wanted to call them back. As always, I'm amazed at this little life God gave us.
7.16.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment