6.19.2007

"Happy Dadda's Day"

She can say it, "HAPPY...Dadda's...DAY!"...just one word at a time and when we said to say, "Happy Father's Day" it came out in a big ol ramble of words all together and ended with her famous squinty smile. Her daddy was so happy to hear it no matter how she said it throughout the day. She LOVES her daddy and he LOVES his girls. It was a simple day but perfect. Just the three of us, hanging out, playing on the bed...watching Dora...playing on the bed again (one of her favorite things to do especially with her dadda). I love to watch them play, to hear her cracking up as he tickles her, to watch her do what he does, to see the excitement in both of their faces when I 'find them' under the covers after a 'long search'. I love to come into a room and hear him talking to her about Jesus. I love how much he adores her and how tenderly he loves me. I love it that even at this young age she's learning how a man should treat a woman...how a dad should treat his daughter...and how much Jesus loves her just the way she is. I love it that even when she pops around the corner from brushing her teeth after breakfast, wearing a random hat...holding a baby doll by it's hair with chocolate on her jammies from her chocolate chip waffle...her daddy looks at her and sees pure beauty.

No comments: