1.12.2007

When I Say 'No'

When I say 'no' to C she is quite the little cutie. I have to admit, I didn't realize how tough the discipline part of parenting would be...if you're not consistent they learn pretty quickly what they can get away with.

Lately she has started repeating, 'no-no' back to me. And the last few days she even signs it as she says it. Today she went over to our exercise equipment that is folded and resting on the wall and she signed and said, 'no-no.' This did my heart good b/c she's getting it! She knows what the 'no-nos' are in our house and is starting to avoid them...sometimes. What's fun about a toddler who can now walk and reach everything is, one second she can be sooooo obedient and the next second she's trying to get away with something. Just after she signed & said, 'no-no' when looking at the exercise equipment and avoided it...she took literally one step over to the air purifier, signed and said, 'no-no' AS she was playing with the buttons and settings! So, yeah, she gets it...but she's also human and wants what she can't have. From the little things to the big 'no-nos' - it would be so much easier to let her have everything instead of consistently reinforcing right from wrong. SOOO to all of you parents out there who have raised good, obedient kids...you have my respect b/c I now know first hand, it's not an easy job. :)

This is a picture of the look she gives me when I say, 'no-no.' Sometimes I have to turn my head - her seriousness gives me the giggles!

No comments: