Tonight, the inspiration for this blog C is doing MUCH better. She's been sick with a bad cough that won't let her sleep & ear infections in both ears. The antibiotic is kicking in and taking away the pain as far as I can tell. She is playing again and happy and jabbering and excitable! We had an awesome day together.
I came home after running some errands and just wanted to fix myself a salad & figured since she was better she'd love the chance to play. However, she apparently just wanted to stand on my feet! I'm not sure why, she's NEVER done this before but for some reason as I was in the kitchen cooking my chicken and cleaning my lettuce and putting away a few other groceries she was following me around and everytime I would pause at the counter to cut something or do something she would squeeze herself in between me and the counter, hug my legs and stand on my feet. Precious at first, but half an hour later when it turned into her whining when she couldn't get on there and me just wanting to clean the yummy strawberries without having to worry about stepping on her...it wasn't so fun. I thought maybe she was hungry, nope...just wanted on my feet. So I said & signed, "all done" and she shook her head "no." Apparently she wasn't all done b/c she wouldn't quit trying to get onto my feet! So what was precious started to get frustrating, to both me and C. It was literally at that moment I thought of my friend's recent blog that made me remember what's important. And that someday I will 'wish with all my heart' that she was in the kitchen wanting to be close to me...so I picked her up and gave her some hugs & kisses. Then we finished cooking together as I held her most of the time to let her watch. No, that's not as easy and I couldn't get it done as quickly but it got done and we both got some cuddle time.
THEN, after eating I had to tutor. I typically tutor from my laptop in the living room while she plays. Tonight however, my laptop wasn't letting me get online, I tried for over an hour & finally resigned to the fact that I would have to tutor from our desktop in the guest bedroom which is NOT babyproof! So the battle began. Only at this point she's getting sleepy b/c she typically goes to bed between 9:30 & 10...(I know, it's late but she sleeps till 9:30 or 10 every day too). She wanted EVERYTHING that she wasn't allowed to have! And because she was getting tired everything she wanted wasn't really what she wanted once she had it. And everything she wasn't allowed to have she wanted with allllllllll her might! If I was holding her, she wanted down, if she was down, she wanted up! AHH! This whole time I was trying to tutor and this whole time she was making some interesting whines/moans at me. I'm pretty certain she even flashed a 'mad' face at me. I couldn't please her. I tried to get her to play with her toys in her room, but nope, she wanted to be where I was. D finally got home from a basketball game. I was sooooooooo excited! I just needed a break. A night of not being able to cook and not being able to get online and not being able to keep a baby out of trouble in a non-baby proof room had gotten to me. He came in & scooped up his baby girl right away. I went back to tutoring relieved to have a little break.
As I sat in the computer room alone and listened to him read to her...and then break out into a song in the middle of a book...and then read some more...I just got all teary! I LOVE HIM! I came out to find her snuggled up with him on the floor reading surrounded by the strong arms of her dada. There is just nothing in this world like having your best friend as your husband who knows your needs as soon as he sees your face...and loves his daughter and you with all his heart...and even with a migraine will take that little sweetie without an ounce of complaint but instead with excitement b/c he missed her so bad today and give her the tender love and attention she needs from her dada.
As we put her to bed tonigt we read and sang and as we read I signed I love you to her a few times to let her know I was sorry & I wasn't mad at her for trying to do so many things she wasn't allowed to do...it was my fault she was exposed to all of that stuff anyway...and she finally signed it back and gave me a smile to let me know she had forgiven me for not letting her climb on the file boxes or play with the shredder or the receipts or outlets...and for saying 'no' more times than ever when I was the one that opened the door and let her in in the first place. Then we prayed and D left the room I held onto her for a little bit longer before putting her to bed. As I left we blew kisses & signed love you and then she signed sleep and went to sleep. It was just one of those rare days when I just needed a little break - at the end of the day I was so thankful for our baby and so thankful for my husband and so very, very thankful that my computer is working again!


No comments:
Post a Comment