1.24.2007

The Joy of My Day

One of my favorite times of the day has always been when C wakes up. When she was tiny and in the bassinet beside our bed I loved rolling over to her sounds as she woke up. Today it's no different. I get so excited to hear her on the monitor...almost always around 9:30...which is perfect for me b/c I'm not an early riser, she'll start wiggling around and making noises for me to let me know it's time. Sometimes when I go in she's already standing up waiting for me, arms out, other times she's still laying down grunting and rooting in the mattress. And some mornings she's just sitting there all sweet, a little sleepy still but ready to start our day. I LOVE IT!

This past week she did something new for a couple of days. I had to go in and wake her up b/c she had recently been on medicine for her ear infections and it caused her to sleep A LOT...like 14 or 15 hours at night. We let her sleep b/c her little body needed it and she needed to heal. BUT once she was all better she was in the habit of sleeping until 11:30 and that just isn't a good habit to get into. SOOOOOOOOO the first couple of mornings after she was better I would go in and wake her up at 9:30. And both mornings she would wiggle around...bury her face momentarily and then sit up and CLAP!!! She was so sleepy still...and looked a little bit like she was still on her medication. :) It was the cutest! The third day I decided to capture it on film-the first picture below she's getting ready to clap...but I missed it & even though it was dark you can still 'get the picture' of the joy of my day!

No comments: