It finally came!!! The first snow in my baby's life that actually covered the ground enough for us to go out for a photo shoot! I've been looking forward to this for FOREVER! I LOVE the snow and always have. Last year she was just itty bitty so we didn't take any pictures in the snow (not even sure if it snowed at all anyway last year) but THIS year I couldn't wait! She's walking & able to play and I just knew it'd make for some cute pictures. TODAY it happened!!! THREE INCHES! Even the grass was covered! PERFECT!! I couldn't wait. I got her all dressed up in her snowflake dress and tights and boots...put her hair up in pigtails and out we went...I just KNEW my girl would LOVE it too and be so excited! I thought she'd play with the snow and love the cold in her hand. I pictured me having to keep up with her as she pranced around the yard. I anticipated with MUCH excitement the fun faces she would make as she grinned and smiled for me during our photo shoot...the first picture was just what I imagined...it was cute with her 'excited' face...I couldn't wait for more expressions and then...
the meltdown began...she became concerned thinking couldn't move...she COULD move, mind you, but she's very careful sometimes. There's no rhyme or reason to her 'carefulness': she'll climb on chairs and boxes and fall off and climb up again, but she'll walk around her toy spatula...she'll walk and slide all over as she stands on her books, but she'll walk around one of her tiny socks on the floor. SO in the snow, she thought she couldn't move. I thought...hmm, maybe it's the boots and the dress...even with D by her side...she was stressed. So I brought her in and changed her clothes, put her in her comfy clothes and coat and took her back out for what I hoped would be our amazing photo shoot...with her hamming it up for the camera as she played. I picked a new track-free spot in the yard and placed her in the snow again...camera in hand...ready for my happy girl to smile...

PROPS! WE NEED PROPS! Professional photographers always have props sooo MAYBE if we bring out her big pink ball she'll play and smile! So D went in and found the big pink ball...
Photo shoots never go 'as planned' anymore, it was so much easier when she was tiny & would just lay on the blanket and coo at me while I took a million pictures. But I wouldn't trade days like today for anything...I LOVED this photo shoot...it captured her first snow & her first reaction to snow...and while it apparently looked like GREAT FUN from inside the house...once she was outside and in it, not so much! She was all done.




1 comment:
I totally "get" the whole great expectations for a photo opp. Not so much, huh?!
I'm jealous that you got snow! We haven't seen any of the white stuff!
The pictures are still cute...and very scrap"able"!!
Love ya...
A
Post a Comment