So this is it. Many have asked, 'so, how does the online tutoring work?' Here it is, I'm on my laptop tutoring...aka ready to answer questions if my students have any as they work on computer generated lessons. The computer grades their work for me, if they score high enough they move on to the next lesson, if not we work together and they try again. I've gotten to know several of my students, and just adore hearing them on the microphone. The younger ones sound so sweet on there. The older ones prefer to 'chat' and that's fine too. I tutor 3rd, 5
th, 7
th, 8
th, 9
th & 10
th graders. It's a blast to help them and watch them improve. One of my students is out of her allotted number of sessions in two weeks and I'm going to miss her! It's fun to be back into 'teaching' again.

The best part is, I am with my girl! She can sit on my lap and read, play with her kitchen while I take pictures, roll on the floor with excitement...the list is endless and I get to see it all! As I'm
typing this she's rolling on the floor in the kitchen squealing as

David
fixes coffee. I'm tutoring right now as I blog actually! They told us it would be the easiest job ever when they hired us and that we'd be able to still be with our babies...and they were right!
Here's a picture of me 'working.' I love my job! We thank God daily for this opportunity to be home with my baby while still being able to use my passion for teaching!
No comments:
Post a Comment