First you should see Johan's story...here.
Tonight, at 2:40am, C told me a similar story...here's how it went.
At the park me and Dayana and Johan painted Lynn's park. Me and Dayana painted Ruthie's (her doll) park and then me and Johan and Ruthie painted Lynn's park. At the park yesterday when I get bigger like Lynn.
That's it, that's the end of the story, it ends much like her Aunt Lynn talks...kind of a 90-90 moment but totally an inside joke so ignore that if you don't know the 90-90 moment. Anyway, then after about 45 seconds she rolled back over and said, "I was just pretend momma about yesterday and the park." :) As if I was believing her. :)
So she's up...again...tonight. She said she's hungry and I'm sure she is b/c she didn't eat much at supper b/c she was sleepy. Now that she's had a few hours of sleep she's hungry. This beach schedule/hot sun is hard to figure out man. It's like she needs two naps a day or something. She can barely make it through our evenings but then after about 3 hours of sleep she's waking up hungry. I've told her tonight, just now as she said, "Did you just yawn real big momma?" that she HAS to eat supper tomorrow night no matter how sleepy she is.
Vacations sure have changed now that we have a 3 year old. We used to sleep for one. :) We used to not worry about anything including nap time and potty breaks...but 99% of the changes are for the better-it's different, sure, but it's beautiful. :) I've never enjoyed building sand castles more than I did today, I used to think the shallow end of the pool was boring, I love it that now when I take D's picture with the waves behind him-he has someone to hold, and even at 2:stinking40am I love the random chatter that is coming from my little sweetie...who is forever talking about when she gets bigger what she'll be able to do while I'm forever thankful that for now she's still small enough to be at the stage of waking up in the middle of the night to chatter with me about such things.
She's witty, she's independent, she's hilarious, she's cute, she's sleepy, she's slap happy, she's hungry and she's growing up too fast. Someone said if you ask your kids what you bought them for Christmas last year they probably won't even remember...but ask them to name their top 3 family vacations and they could rattle them off in no time. Vacations are important, we're so thankful for the opportunity to be on one right now and are hoping to make a trip to the beach an annual adventure. It's a different ride we're on than that of just the two of us but in the blink of an eye, I'm told, it will be just the two of us again. So we're enjoying the ride. :)
I leave you with bits of our chatter-mostly about her umbrella chair that is out on the balcony, I told her it was there to dry, it's not blowing in the wind a bit
Why is my umbrella moving? Why is it drying? Cause it got all sandy? Why is it got all sandy...you mean at the beach? I spilled my juice, just a little, it's just my juice, I gurgled, it come all the way up up up. I think the towels are pretty dry-y. Scratch my back momma...Momma, look at me...look at me...I seeeee you. (she has her hands over her eyes and apparently thinks we're up to play some kind of games...back to parenting...I'll blog more tomorrow.) :)
9.09.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment