9.18.2008

Introducing...C's New Fish


She's been looking forward to getting a fish for a while now. We told her that we'd get it after vacation so as an early birthday present we got her a tank today and TWO fish...pink kissing fish. :) They were my favorite growing up. C said, "are they going to kiss on the lips!?!?" She was SOOOO excited. We bought them, brought them home and as I set up the tank she said, "I'm just so excited about this!"

D got home and started throwing out several famous duos as name options. C had said she didn't want to name them but then once he started throwing out names she was excited. One of the duos was Ike & Mike or something like that so that made me think of Hurricane Ike and I said, "Hey we should call them Ike & Hannah!" We had to deal with Hannah in Myrtle Beach and then Ike caused all kinds of havoc this week so we all agreed those were fitting names. Then it was naptime. After her nap I told her to go in and tell D that it was time to release Hannah and Ike. So she did...


"Dadda dadda come on come on! Hurry! It's time! It's time! We're ready to let Anna and Hike go into the water!" :)

SOOOO we proudly introduce for their first public appearance, Anna and Hike. :) I LOVE their names. I know this is going to sound WAY to cheesy and maybe even a bit unstable or something but sometimes she's so cute she makes me teary! I just have soooo much love pouring out of my heart for this girl. Love their names, love my cutie and am glad she loves her fish. :) We're working on NOT tapping the glass and making sure we keep the food out of reach...she's just sure they are hungry. :)
They're a little shy but we're hoping to see some kissing tomorrow. :) She goes in to check on them often, I think we're going to move them to the living room so that we can see them more often. She says, "Hi buddies!" And for some reason she has felt the need to inform me more than once that "they're not in there dying." lol No clue why she's saying that but it's pretty cute. After about the third time I took the opportunity to talk to her about the fact that it's good that they're not in there dying but that they will die one day...to which she replied with a drawn out "yeah." :) While she thinks it's funny when I make a fish kissing face, she's not so interested in getting any fish kisses, I tried...and this is what I got. :)

No comments: