It was a very fun experience for C...even the standing in line, she really didn't seem to mind. She played with ants along the way and killed a couple of potato bugs. The line was my least favorite part b/c umm...let's just say some kind of bug got IN my shirt and other areas and I have several bites!!! Like 6 or 7...BOTHER ME! Stupid bugs gettin in my shirt...I HATE it when that happens! In the bathroom I had my shirt off as I searched to make sure it was gone and C said in the cutest voice, "Hey, a bug got in my shirt too!" lol She's so funny.
When we got up to the counter she actually gave him a high five! She's usually pretty bashful when it comes to strangers and crowds but it was adorable. She gave him one and then asked if he could give her one and she kept her little hand upside down so he just patted the top of it. She was SO excited and came running back to me
just beaming! 

Then when we got home I gave her one of the copies of the signed book-she was so excited when she realized it was her very own copy. All day we had talked about the signing and what a book signing was and so forth so it was like she figured out how important and fun it was to have his autograph in HER book. She hugged it, looked at it and then said, "Hey, wait a second, I have a great idea! Let's hang it up!!"
She proceeded to the fridge where she tried to hang her book. I explained that it wouldn't stay so we put it on a shelf in her room. 
It was quite a fun signing, the OSU band was there and playing when we left, C watched the drums forever (she LOVES playing the drums...well, just drumming). She'll count off and say, "a-one and a-two and a three, four, five!" then start banging away. It was a cool experience...we just want her life to be full of experiences, from large to tiny we want her to live life to the fullest and appreciate who she is and who God is and to have an appreciation for the world around her. Today, was a good day of appreciation and this book is full of Godly principles for living.



1 comment:
It was so much fun being with you at the book signing today Cara. You were so good and a special cutie giving "high five" to Jim Tressel. I will always love you much.
Love, Neena
Post a Comment