First she tried out her skates and helmet. D wasn't home from DC yet...do you have any idea how hard it is to take pictures and video while holding onto your little one who is learning to skate? Not easy. :) Hence the bad angles and cut off heads.



The same night we decided to put the scooter together. We took it all out of the box and I started the assembly process. She said, "Ok, I will finish the wheels and you finish that!" So I said, "What is it that I'm finishing?" To which she replied, "The scooter!" :) She worked on the wheels and I worked on the rest and then after about 45 minutes (I put the dumb handlebars on backward and had to take them back off and put them back on all using those little tools that come in the box that don't REALLY fit their screws and stuff...yeah...it was quite funny.) anyway, after 45 minutes I realized there was a piece missing. I told her we were going to have to take it back to the store the next day. She's such a trooper, even though she was SO excited about riding it and trying it out for the first time she stood there looking all cute in her new helmet and said, "That's ok momma...it's ok." :)





We had to exchange it the next day for a new one. I put the new one together while she napped and then when we went to pick up D from DC she got to ride around the parking lot while we waited on parents to pick up their kiddos.



Speaking of summer coming, this is just a funny tidbit. C now can repeat the month and day of her birthday and I've told her that it's not until Fall. So lately she'll randomly ask, "It Fall now momma?" lol I'll say something like, "nope, it's still Spring, then it will be summer and THEN fall." To which she'll reply..."Now it's Fall?" Such a sweetie. I've tried to explain the seasons and the changing of the trees and temperature and all of that but bless her heart...she just wants it to be fall. She can't wait for the pumpkin patch...and knows it's in the Fall as well. I have to admit, Fall is my favorite season as well...and this year, I bet it will be better than ever.


No comments:
Post a Comment