Ok, so I had never heard of Edamame (pronounced ED-UH-MOM-MAY) until tonight when we met our friends Eric & Rachel for dinner as they headed through town. We took them to Pei Wei of course. :)
Rach ordered Edamame...it looks like sugar snap peas and is served with a little dish of sea salt as an appetizer. We all tried one and I have to say...gag me! I do not like Edamame. It's actually soy beans. You don't eat the pod but instead pop the beans out with your teeth into your mouth.
A little while later we had all finished eating and C was playing on the booth and getting a little 'energetic.' I handed her one of the edamame off of the plate (there were several left). To make a long story short-she LOVED them! She ate probably 15! She loves any food that requires you to 'play'...aka popping them out. Just kept popping them open (mostly using her fingers) and eating them. We had fun seeing an occasional bean pop out of the pod and hit her nose or bap her on the forehead. :)
They have a GREAT amount of fiber in them and our little one has always had some issues with that so we've been giving her some medicine for it but I think we just might have found a replacement to the old miralax!! I won't go into details but shortly after we got home she was knocking on the bathroom door and said, "Dadda, I need to go potty NOW!" :) So THANKS RACH!!! We're so excited to start including edamame into our daily diet...well, into C's anyway. :) We stopped at Kroger and bought a couple of bags of them from the frozen foods section, you can steam, boil or microwave them! FUN!
4.13.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment