3.04.2008

I LOVE BEING A MOM

So I was reading my sister's blog and it inspired me to do an entry about being a mom. With one of our sister's in Colombia currently meeting, getting to know & loving her new children I thought there's no better time than now to celebrate being a mom. I love it, I've always loved it. From day one, minute one, moment one it's been the thing I feel born to be (well-that and a wife-I love that too)! I used to think I was called to be a teacher until I met C. She changed our world, our mind, our hearts forever. We know having children of your own or through means of adoption is a huge blessing that not everyone can do and it's a blessing we are thankful to God for daily, a responsibility we don't take lightly & a ride that has been so fun, educational & sweet.

All of that being said, here are some things I love about being a mom:
  • Big hugs from my little sweetie
  • Saying MMMMMM-WAA as we kiss over and over :)
  • Dancing
  • The lessons I learn about myself, my child, my husband & my God
  • Wiping sticky hands & cheeks
  • Tickling and now being "tickled"
  • Hide & Seek
  • Somersaults, running, jumping & "Skating"
  • Seeing C reach milestones
  • Looking into her eyes and seeing my own
  • Watching the love of my life as a dad
  • Giggles
  • Playing with nothing or everything all at once
  • Hearing her have conversations with her toys
  • Pretend food...it always tastes great!
  • Hearing her pray
  • Reading with her
  • Singing together - both silly songs & praise songs & everything in between
  • Doing the Barnyard Dance together
  • Chasing and being chased
  • Cooking everything together
  • Hearing her say, "Be careful momma!" or "Mommy-you dry?"
  • Bringing her up in the way she should go
  • Watching her "read" (and pat) her Bible
  • Walking with her hand in mine
  • Swinging her with her D
  • The fits & battles that mold us both
  • Our celebrations over anything and everything
  • Hearing her say, "Good job momma!"
  • Holding her close when she's sad or sick or just wanting held
  • Rubbing her back, squeezing her hand & kissing her sweet face
  • Watching the light in her eyes
  • Having toys to "have" to pick up & little shoes in the house to put away
  • Seeing her smile with pride
  • Our snuggly morning time
  • Putting in pigtails
  • Apologizing when I'm wrong & rejoicing when she gets it right
  • Hearing "mommy" and knowing...that's me
  • Being thankful together for her dadda and agreeing that he is indeed the best ever
  • The Pokey Pokey (hokey pokey the way C says it)
  • Seeing her smirk with orneriness
  • Listening to her in the car as she sings, chatters and even sometimes argues with herself and puts her hands or feet in time-out (lol)
  • Hearing her deep belly laugh
  • Watching a 2 & 1/2 year old gain more and more independence & confidence
  • Realizing that this is the most important "job" I'll ever have & not being able to come up with anything I'd rather spend my life doing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining me :). I am planning to move my entire post to next Monday now that Mr. Linky is set up correctly. Plus Dan is working on my little graphic. Not that you have to do it every Monday or anything; you just sign Mr. Linky when you want to participate and don't sign when you don't want to. Hopefully though, I will get more and more people to join me each week. It was fun to read your posts and "catch up". Hopefully, C is feeling better. Do you give her vitamins?