3.01.2008

B.R.A.T. Diet

So we're all familiar with the brat diet...bananas, rice, apples, toast. Well tonight, the brat diet took on a new twist for our sick girl. She had eaten toast and bananas but then we made cookies. She was eating her cookie and then all of a sudden our little irrational sick two year old started crying "sauce!!!!" "Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauce" and I could not understand her. I was like, D, for real...I can't understand her-you are going to have to take this one. (We've both been trying super hard to just hold her and cuddle her and be patient with her but when both parents also have a temp it's not easy to stay on your a game. We've definitely had some moments where we're like-ok, your turn.) She just goes in spurts of irrational whining...crying...nothing will make her happy then she'll be fine for a few hours. Anyway! She wanted sauce. So we gave her sauce. And our girl dipped her chocolate chip cookies in ranch dressing for the next 10 minutes! Just kept dipping and licking it off, sometimes biting it...we were gagging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's okay precious. Neena is so sorry you are sick. Get well soon.
Love,
Neena

jesse said...

well just hearing that makes me a little woozy feeling!!! Hi Mary- just though I would see if you have a blog and you do...im so excited to read and keep up with you!!!

drmacab97 said...

Hey Jesse! VERY FUN to be back in touch more than just through our friends' blogs. :) I see that you have one too but I couldn't get to it. If ya want you can send me the link to drmacab@yahoo.com :) Hope you see this comment!