With this potty training has come a new sense of independence for C. She wants to do everything "By myself!" I hear "I will do it" a lot these days. It's a good thing, I know. I want her to be independent but when I'm putting toothpaste on her toothbrush that's just something I need to do for right now. With this week has also come a little bit of attitude. For example today I asked her to get down from the computer chair (she's not allowed to play on the computers for various reasons, some being that she can somehow change ALL of the font on my laptop in mere seconds so that EVERYTHING on my screen is tiny...she has been known to remove keys from the keyboard...she has typed on instant message and randomly shuts them down without using the proper steps to name a few. :) So here's how the conversation following my instruction to get down from the chair went:
C: "I need to type!!"
Me: "No, you're not allowed to type alone, come on we're going back to the living room."
C: "TYPE!"
Me: "C" (raised eyebrow look)
C: "TYPE!"
Me: "C, get down and come with me."
C: "TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Me: "You will have a time out if you don't come with me right now...say ok, momma and come."
C: "Ok momma..."
The good thing is she came at that point but she used to come without the argument. We've had several 'moments' this weekend making the days seem longer with D being gone. They're not always moments of her arguing with me some of the not-so-fun moments are simply when she repeats the same question over and over and over.
For example, today in the car
C: "Momma...what you lookin at?"
Me: "I'm looking at the road."
C: "Momma...what you lookin at?" "What you lookin at momma?"
Me: "The road."
C: "Where you look momma?" "Momma...what you lookin at?" "Where you lookin?"
C: "Momma, what you look at?"
C: "Hey momma, what you lookin at momma? What you lookin at?"
Me: "C, I'm looking at the road!!!!"
I have to confess, it gets under my skin! Sometimes she'll ask over and over, "What'd you say momma...momma, what you say?" Usually I haven't said anything or I've yawned. So we've had some "longer" days.
I'm not one to post complaints often but these 'moments' are a part of our real life so I thought I'd post this tidbit from our weekend. With these moments she has developed a new way to say OK and it cracks me up. When I'm asking her to do something she doesn't want to she says, "O Kaay." REAL slow and not sassy-hard to describe...it's actually very cute...but comes across as if she has life so hard just because she can't have a second cupcake or can't wipe for the 4th time or isn't allowed to take all of the kleenex out of the box. :) "Okaaay" :)


No comments:
Post a Comment