10.23.2007

She Just Keeps Growing Up...

She can open her bedroom door! It's a fun step for us. The other day she locked herself in the bathroom and I had to talk her through turing the doorknob to get the lock to pop. She got it after just a few minutes but couldn't actually get the door open. As of last night though she can open doors from the inside. Very fun! She said, "I DID IT!" Today we were playing a Dora computer game and she actually knew the letters D & Z!!! AND AND later this evening I got out a Dora memory card game and she was able to PLAY for real! She actually remembered where the cards were and caught on very quickly to the concept. I only used 4 pairs but still, it was a fun moment. It's just weird...there are suddenly all of these things that we've had forever (like the Dora cards) that I look at and think, 'wonder when she'll be old enough to do that...' and here she is. She's just growing up so fast. She puts together her puzzle that just a few months ago I would only occasionally get out b/c it was a frustration to her...now she whizzes through it saying, "This goes here...this piece goes here..." Today she said - when trying to get the packet of potatoes out of the box that I was cooking, "I can't do it...it's just too dippicult." :) Where is time going! Seriously! She's just becoming a little preschooler soooooo fast!!! Sigh...it's all good, I know, but there are some days I just wish we could freeze time for a moment.

No comments: