This is the latest email from Tammy, Nick's mom...
Dearest, dearest prayer warriors,
Today has been swept away from me! I cannot believe it is 11:30 p.m.!
We found out this morning that we would be going home today, but I did not have to time to stop and send an email. I am so sorry!
I left Nick's room to go clean up at the RM House and do our room cleaning so we could check out around 9 and the day has been nonstop ever since. As I got on the elevator this morning wearing black dress shoes (the only shoes I brought), blue sweat pants, a long blue Mickey Mouse jammie shirt, holding my black and pink purse, a cup of coffee, a bottle of saline solution, and my glasses-not having brushed my teeth or hair since yesterday morning, I was greeted by 6 or 7 very nicely dressed people who looked ready for a good day at work. All I could say as the elevator doors opened was, "I have lost all my pride." They laughed and then one lady said, "Oh, you've been here too long." I smiled and said, "I've been here too much." But, I can say I have sure learned a lot through this entire ordeal. Not a lot matters in this world except for what you do to prepare for the real world (Heaven!). As I walked through the first floor of the hospital, feeling very aware of my appearance, I realized I just don't care that much anymore about anything other than what I do to please God.
Nick was able to come to the RM House in a wheelchair to see everything before we left. We were on the road by 12:30ish and were home before 3!!! Nick was so happy to see our house and Peppy and Snoopy were very glad to see Nick!
Our afternoon was filled with unpacking, cooking, purging the kitchen of even more stuff we will not be eating, and learning how to use our new juicer and bread maker! Thank you, Newlands, for everything! Thank you, Vonnie and Country Market, for the yummy whole wheat bread too! I am so emotionally drained that I do not know what I would have done this afternoon without the boost of moral support for our determination to totally change our family's eating habits.
By the way, this coming Tuesday (Sept. 18th) at 6 p.m., several women will be hosting an Iron Chef - Grayson for Nick. They are asking anyone who wants to bring a dish for Nick to taste to come to the life center at First Church for an hour or so of fun. Anyone can come just to eat if you want to simply share the memory! The dishes need to made with no sugar, no preservatives, 100% whole wheat (if flour is used), and no beef. Desserts or main dishes can be entered. It will just be a little something to introduce Nick to new tastes and recipes and give him something to look forward to! Please join us if you can! Be creative with your recipes! I am so excited for Nick to have this fun night!
I have heard from several of you that you sent JJ ecards! Thank you so much! I can't wait to hear how many he gets!
I will write more tomorrow, but I wanted to send this just to let everyone know we are back home! Nick will get his stitches out next week.
If you want to email Nick personally his email address is nicknischan@yahoo.com. He checks his email several times a day because of fantasy football. He is always excited if he gets a real message from someone! I thought this might be a fun surprise for him to actually receive some encouraging words and Scriptures from his prayer warriors!
I love you all and am so thankful for each of you!
Sleep well! We will -- with no IVs or monitors!
Thankful,
Tammy
Tammy Nischan
www.nick7-11.zoomshare.com
Phil. 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say, Rejoice!"
Josh 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord our God is with you wherever you go!"
9.13.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment