9.28.2007

"I TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

She's so excited to be 2. I love birthdays. We celebrated all day long. She got to play at the mall after having her pictures taken, we went out to lunch just the two of us, then she had a nice nap, she made cupcakes, got ready for her party, and most excitedly of all...waited for her dadda to get home. She was sooooo excited to see him. One of these days I'm going to video her before he gets home and then after-it's fun to watch her get so thrilled in a matter of minutes. We ate dinner, opened presents and then it was time to 'blow out her candle.' Precious. First she stared at it...then stared at it some more...then tried to put it out by bashing it with her toy...then D showed her how to try to blow it out. She didn't get it out but it was cute to watch.
It was a fun evening. Giving gifts is my love language so of course I had wrapped everything including new fall clothes that weren't really a 'gift' but more of a necessity that I was going to purchase anyway. :) Apparently gifts are not her love language. After opening several she was pretty much done with that game. There were like 2 or 3 left and I said, "I'll open these for you C" as she had lost interest, to which she replied, "Oh thank you momma!" :)
At the end of the day...while we enjoyed the cupcakes, the gifts, the toys & the party hats I couldn't help but just be thankful for the birthday...the day I was blessed enough to give birth. I know I'm borderline out of control sap but it's a blessing I don't take lightly. All day I was all excited about the party & planning it out in my head how it would go, wondering if she'd take a great nap, hoping the batteries wouldn't die in the camera, making sure the video camera was charged as well (then I forgot to use it)...but at the end of the day I was just thankful-so thankful for our C. That's all.

No comments: