7.02.2007

First "Official" Boo-Boo

Ok, so she had a boo-boo recently where she skinned her knees and they did bleed, I can't remember if I blogged about that or not but last night she had her first official boo-boo that actually bled enough to require a bandage. For the first time her request for a 'ban-aid' was legitimate.
She had been wanting a bandaid all day for some reason, kept saying she had a boo-boo...and oh how I wish you could hear her say 'boo-boo'...it is said with such heart-felt tenderness. Anyway, yesterday evening she said, "A Boo-Booooooo....ban-aid...leg..." So I said, "Do you really have a boo-boo somewhere? You've been mentioning it all day...come in here, maybe it's a splinter." So she came into the living room continuing to say, "Boo-boooooooooo...ban-aid...leg" all cute but concerned. As I brought her onto my lap I saw blood on her finger..."Where did you get that?" "A Boo-Boooooooooooooooo...ban-aid....leg" sure enough, she had a boo-boo on her leg that wouldn't quit bleeding and did indeed need a bandaid. So D went to get a band-aid while I cleaned off the blood (not much a all by the way but it did keep coming...the boo-boo was the size of ... umm...a tiny, triangular crumb of a chip...no bigger than...oh, let's say five pieces of sea salt.) Anyway, then she requested a Dora band-aid and her daddy delivered of course. :) We got her all doctored up and she actually kept it on!!! Now, I have no idea what she fell on or how she cut her knee and I know there will be many more "A Boo-Booooooooo's" to come and much worse I'm sure but it's official that she has now had her first - requiring a band-aid - boo-boo!

No comments: