6.25.2007

Crayons

C has always loved crayons...as a snack. We of course don't encourage or allow it...when we know about it that is. So a couple of days ago we were all going to the store, D wanted to get out of the house but we all wanted to be together so C & I rode along for fun. I decided to run in real quick and pick something up while D and C drove around the parking lot but when we got there C said, "CAR!!!" b/c she wanted to ride in the "car" cart that they have at Giant Eagle. It's a fun car but we said no and explained that I was going to run in real quick and be right back. She was fine with that. I came back out and he said, "I think she's sad about not getting to ride in the car...she's been saying "car" the whole time you've been gone." At that moment I heard C say, "color." I turned around and she said it again..."color." D said, "See...she wants the car." And I said..."Nope, she's saying "Color" which sounds a LOT like car by the way when she says it. It's more like..."Caa-or" so while he thought she was sad b/c she wasn't riding in the car at the store...she was really back there bothered b/c she had "colored" her teeth! I looked at her as she said, "color" to me again and I said, "color...? are you coloring?" and she said, "Mmm-hmm!" and opened her mouth for me to see. She had eaten the entire top tip of the crayon and some of the top papered part as well. It looked like she had blue fillings in all of her teeth!!! We had NO idea she had a crayon and really can't remember why there would be one in her carseat but nonetheless she had found it...and eaten it...and was then saying "Color" the whole time they were driving around b/c she was bothered by the crayon stuck in all of her teeth. She had a blue tongue as well. Good thing they're non-toxic. We had quite a fun time brushing her teeth when we got home, she was the more eager than ever to let me brush them for her! We also had a nice long talk about crayons and their purpose. I can't believe I didn't remember to get pictures...it was quite a sight!

No comments: