5.11.2007

Would You Like To Pray With Me?

Now that C is a bit older and beginning to show some signs of understanding when we pray with her at night I've decided to start something new. Throughout the day when I'm thinking of D and praying for him (or others) I now invite C to pray with me. Here's how it goes typically.

"Hey C, would you like to pray for Dadda with me?"

"Uh-Huh (very high-pitched at the end of that 'huh')"

"Ok, come on over... "

She runs over to me, I squat down so I'm on her level, hold out my hands and she puts her tiny hands in mine and we pray. She stays still the entire time, I don't even have to hold onto her hands tightly or anything! Which is AMAZING for such a busy body! Then when I'm done I say, "Amen" and she repeats, "A-Nemmmmmmmmm" and then lets go and runs off to return to playing.

We've only done it a handful of times, I just started it Wed. but my goodness it...is...precious! I truly treasure these moments. I want to be a family that prays together. I want her to realize prayer is not just for mealtime but for anytime and everytime & that her dadda and I are prayful throughout the day.

For so long we prayed for a baby and now, to hold those tiny hands in mine and pray together...well, words just can't express the feeling.

1 comment:

W Family said...

Hey! My computer was down but now it is fixed and I am back into email and blogging world! So glad you're back too! Let's get back in touch...I miss our back n forths on the computer!

Great blogs, by the way. Keep em coming!