5.09.2007

Boo-Boos

Well, now that she's almost 20 months old & the weather is much nicer out we're experiencing 'boo-boos' on a somewhat consistent basis. We go to the park daily now for her to run and play and of course she loves "SWINNYEN" (swingin). However, with parks comes mulch that is tricky to walk on but even trickier to run excitedly & consistently to the left while your arms flap like noodles. C has been such a joy to watch, I could watch that girl run ALL day long. So cute. Anyway, she falls occasionally. She had a boo-boo recently on her hand, it was a tiny little dot of a scratch, it's been healed for well over 2 weeks and she still has me kiss it a few times a day. She's also had several random scratches and bumps/bruises that are tiny but a mystery to us. No clue where most of them come from.

So tonight, we went to play with some friends and she came home with a fairly large bruise on her face (poor thing, misjudged the playground step...fell onto the wood...but didn't cry for more than a minute before she was up and playing again. I thought it must not have been too bad until a few minutes later when I saw the huge line of red down the side of her face. It was gone by the time we got home. Then shortly after that she fell on the concrete on the way to see the geese...skinned both knees. She even bled a little but didn't cry at all, just popped back up and kept heading toward the geese.

We got home tonight and as she was sitting on the potty I was applying a little ointment to her knees and putting on bandaids of course. While doing that I found two splinters in her leg! What a night! Poor girl. So the stage of boo-boos is upon us...& I've heard it doesn't end anytime soon.

No comments: